seajane

Thoughts from a Yellow Dog Democrat living in Olympia, in the great BLUE state of Washington

I am a liberal because it is the political philosophy of freedom and equality. And I am a progressive because it is the political path to a better future. And I am a Democrat because it is the political party that believes in freedom, equality and progress. -- Digby

Monday, December 31, 2007

Huckabee

I'm a little sad that Huckabee is crashing and burning so soon. His meltdown after the Bhutto assassination showing his complete lack of any international knowledge came too soon. I was looking forward to him gathering steam and then watching the inevitable overt trashing of the evangelicals by the Republican party. For a couple decades they have talked the talk and courted them but almost never delivered on any of their wishes. I'm sure the evanelicals know they are the ugly cousin, just invited to the party becuase the Repubs have to, but otherwise ignored and forgotten. But if Huchabee started gathering steam, the repubs would have to start trashing him and it would be obvious to even the most die hard denier.


I have a question for Huckabee after his performance yesterday on Meet the Press:
MR. RUSSERT: Some Americans believe that life does not begin at conception, and that it's...
GOV. HUCKABEE: Well, scientifically I think that's almost...a point that you couldn't argue. How, how could you say that life doesn't begin at conception...
MR. RUSSERT: Right. Do you respect that view? [..]
GOV. HUCKABEE: I respect it as a view, but I don't think it has biological credibility.
So since two-thirds of fertilized eggs are spontaneously discarded through the menstral flow, should we start holding funerals and burials for all our pads and tampons?

Sorry to be crude. But his argument always gets me. I can go along with the viability test but the 'moment of conception'!!??

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home