seajane

Thoughts from a Yellow Dog Democrat living in Olympia, in the great BLUE state of Washington

I am a liberal because it is the political philosophy of freedom and equality. And I am a progressive because it is the political path to a better future. And I am a Democrat because it is the political party that believes in freedom, equality and progress. -- Digby

Wednesday, June 08, 2011

OMG -- I agree with a National Review Writer!!

Quick! Take my temperature! I must be sick!!

David Gelernter over at the National Review wrote an excellent (cough, cough) piece that I agree with entirely (swoon). (I'm scared!!)

Here's a piece:
Weiner didn’t commit adultery or anything near adultery. He committed tasteless stupidity, and there’s no law against that. When reporters first asked him about the expose reports, he should have said “Butt out.” . . .
For my part I couldn’t care less what sort of pictures or messages Weiner has been sending around the Net, and it’s an imposition to be required to care; to be unable to avoid the topic. I find that I have no interest in Congressman Anthony Weiner’s sex life or virtual sex life whatsoever. And I’ve heard enough tearful on-camera contrition to last me the rest of my life. I don’t want to hear Weiner’s apology. It’s got nothing to do with me, tells me nothing I want to know; the cable news media, conservative and liberal, would do the public a favor if they would agreed to a blanket tearful-apologies ban effective this instant. . . .


I suspect David Gelernter's days at the National Review are numbered.

Please shoot me if I ever quote Pam Geller.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home