seajane

Thoughts from a Yellow Dog Democrat living in Olympia, in the great BLUE state of Washington

I am a liberal because it is the political philosophy of freedom and equality. And I am a progressive because it is the political path to a better future. And I am a Democrat because it is the political party that believes in freedom, equality and progress. -- Digby

Thursday, October 07, 2004

My Hero: Molly Ivins

Molly Ivins has a great column dated 10-5-04. You can catch the whole thing at the link above.

Here's the part that made me smile:

"We all had our debate moments, but the one that stunned me was, "It's (Iraq is) hard work. I see it on the TV screens." Watching it on TV, boy that is tough work all right. And what was the "hard work" thing about? Did Rove poll and find out people think the president vacations too much? I also came to a full stop after the one about sending troops to die. "I never -- when I was running -- when we had the debate in 2000, never dreamt I'd be doing that." He never dreamt it? It never occurred to him? Was this man prepared for the job?"

Finally! Someone that saw the same debate I saw. All this focus by TV's talking heads on Bush's facial expressions is just blah, blah, blah -- the content was even more shocking. But the talking heads won't (can't?) analyze Bush's content. However, yeah! howdy! We've had "global test" dissected 100 ways to Sunday. IMHO Kerry could have easily substituted "smell test" for "global test" but I guess that would also be too nuisanced for some people.

Thanks, Molly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home