seajane

Thoughts from a Yellow Dog Democrat living in Olympia, in the great BLUE state of Washington

I am a liberal because it is the political philosophy of freedom and equality. And I am a progressive because it is the political path to a better future. And I am a Democrat because it is the political party that believes in freedom, equality and progress. -- Digby

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hillary's Speech at the Convention

I'm not thrilled about her appearance as most everyone else. Yes, she said what she was supposed to but she didn't complete the circle to make the points stronger. She left doors open for misinterpretation. I didn't find it rousing or substantive. She was still too concerned with making her own case by giving the list of her concerns and actions. Like this highlight:
"I want you to ask yourselves: Were you in this campaign just for me? Or were you in it for that young Marine and others like him? Were you in it for that mom struggling with cancer while raising her kids? Were you in it for that boy and his mom surviving on the minimum wage? Were you in it for all the people in this country who feel invisible?

Couldn't she have completed the circle? Will some PUMAs feel that Obama can't or won't address those needs?

I give Hillary a "C".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home