seajane

Thoughts from a Yellow Dog Democrat living in Olympia, in the great BLUE state of Washington

I am a liberal because it is the political philosophy of freedom and equality. And I am a progressive because it is the political path to a better future. And I am a Democrat because it is the political party that believes in freedom, equality and progress. -- Digby

Monday, January 05, 2009

My Dream Team

Obama is finalizing his cabinet. So far his choices don't entirely match what I would love to see:

I would have picked Al Gore for Energy, Linda Darling-Hammond for the Education, Noam Chomsky for State, Naomi Klein for Defense, Howard Zinn for UN Ambassador, Barry Scheck for Attorney General, Maxine Waters in HHS, Bill Fletcher for Labor, Patrick Fitzgerald for Justice, Paul Krugman for Treasury, Bunnatine Greenhouse as Inspector General, and Amy Goodman for press secretary. Then I want Russ Feingold to lead the Senate majority and Dennis Kucinich for Speaker of the House.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home