seajane

Thoughts from a Yellow Dog Democrat living in Olympia, in the great BLUE state of Washington

I am a liberal because it is the political philosophy of freedom and equality. And I am a progressive because it is the political path to a better future. And I am a Democrat because it is the political party that believes in freedom, equality and progress. -- Digby

Friday, September 25, 2009

Animal Shelter Closes





Due to budget constraints, King County is closing its animal shelter. I volunteered often at that animal shelter and it was the best one I've ever been connected with -- clean, caring staff, vet on staff, well run. They had to handle cat and dog over population, substandard care of farm animals, breaking up cock fighting rings, and removing dangerous animals. I fostered many sweet kittens there and adopted my sweet Shepard "Socks" from them.

How do we call ourselves a civilized society without a decent animal shelter?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home