seajane

Thoughts from a Yellow Dog Democrat living in Olympia, in the great BLUE state of Washington

I am a liberal because it is the political philosophy of freedom and equality. And I am a progressive because it is the political path to a better future. And I am a Democrat because it is the political party that believes in freedom, equality and progress. -- Digby

Wednesday, December 02, 2009

When Did Being an Adulteress Become Not Shameful?

I'm not a prude. I understand the thrill of a little thing on the side. I may or may not have indulged myself. But it used to be shameful. It used to be secret. If anyone ever asked the standard was to deny, deny, deny. It seems like now these adultresses cannot wait to hire Gloria Allred and a publicist and make sure we all know about it. They save stained dresses, voicemail recordings, and run to TMZ to brag. What is wrong with these women? Do they dally because they were attracted to the person or did they do it for the money TMZ will pay? If so there is a word for a woman that dallies for money.

It trace this 'fucking without shame' back to Donna Rice. She was able to parlay her notoriety into a gig selling jeans aptly names "No Excuses." Meanwhile the rest of us ended up with Ronald Reagan.

This new fucking for publicity, money and "fame" might be as big of a turn off for men who might otherwise want to dally as Fatal Attraction was.

I'd worry about the supply of men for afternoon delights drying up, but then again . . .

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home