seajane

Thoughts from a Yellow Dog Democrat living in Olympia, in the great BLUE state of Washington

I am a liberal because it is the political philosophy of freedom and equality. And I am a progressive because it is the political path to a better future. And I am a Democrat because it is the political party that believes in freedom, equality and progress. -- Digby

Friday, February 03, 2006

Fundraising Calls

I've done plenty of 'dialing for dollars' myself so I know how difficult these calls are but for cripes sake! Listen to the person you're calling -- don't just barge through your script!!

I got a call last night from the Democratic Senate Campaign Committee and as soon as I knew who they were I informed them that I would NOT be contributing this year to any campaign that might benefit Maria Cantwell. I'll give plenty of money to individual democrats but none to DINOs like Cantwell.

The caller just kept going through the script about 'this is an important year, blah, blah, blah . . .' NO! I will not contribute money to candidates that vote with the republicans.

Then the caller said I could give her my credit card number but I would have a couple days to change my mind. I will NOT change my mind.

Candidates cannot call themselves Democratic but vote against the party time after time and get my financial support. We need to stand by our values.

ARGH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home