seajane

Thoughts from a Yellow Dog Democrat living in Olympia, in the great BLUE state of Washington

I am a liberal because it is the political philosophy of freedom and equality. And I am a progressive because it is the political path to a better future. And I am a Democrat because it is the political party that believes in freedom, equality and progress. -- Digby

Friday, January 13, 2006

Rain, rain & more rain

It's been raining for 27 straight days. I drove back home yesterday from Camas and could barely see 10 feet in front of my car along I-5. Rivers, creeks, and sloughs are flooded. Roads closed due to slides. Retention ponds, usually dry, are brimming. Tumwater Falls are roaring and and Nisqually River is about to sweep away homes and a school.

So look what was in yesterday's newspaper here in Olympia:

Prospect of water shortage on horizon
BY KATHERINE TAM
THE OLYMPIAN
OLYMPIA — City planners will look this year for ways to increase its water supply so it doesn’t run dry in the future.

Great timing!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home