seajane

Thoughts from a Yellow Dog Democrat living in Olympia, in the great BLUE state of Washington

I am a liberal because it is the political philosophy of freedom and equality. And I am a progressive because it is the political path to a better future. And I am a Democrat because it is the political party that believes in freedom, equality and progress. -- Digby

Monday, April 02, 2007

So Much for the Constitution

Number 1 and number 3 of the GOP presidential hopefuls just tossed out the Consistution. The National Review (I know, I know -- but I don't make a habit of it!) reported:

Romney on Enemy Combatants [Ramesh Ponnuru]

Crane says he was disappointed with Romney's answer to his question the other night. Crane asked if Romney believed the president should have the authority to arrest U.S. citizens with no review. Romney said he would want to hear the pros and cons from smart lawyers before he made up his mind. Crane said that he had asked Giuliani the same question a few weeks ago. The mayor said that he would want to use this authority infrequently.


If either of these yahoos win, let's be honest this time and forget the swearing in "protect and defend the Constitution" part and substitute something more achievable -- like "protect and defend my friends' profits".

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home