seajane

Thoughts from a Yellow Dog Democrat living in Olympia, in the great BLUE state of Washington

I am a liberal because it is the political philosophy of freedom and equality. And I am a progressive because it is the political path to a better future. And I am a Democrat because it is the political party that believes in freedom, equality and progress. -- Digby

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day 2009

I don't do well in crowds. Even the pictures of the Mall area scare me and I'm 3000 miles away. I asked my boss for the day off to watch TV (he understood) but last night I decided I wanted to watch it with others. So I went to Moveon.org to see what was happening in my area. The local independent theater was hosting a showing of the Inauguration and it looked like 127 people had RSVP'd for a theater that can hold maybe 700. So I went. Over 1000 showed up! I was lucky and got a seat but folks were standing in the aisle, in the concession area, even on the street out front. It was packed. The theater manager made an announcement and said cameras and cell phones were OK which was good since everyone was using them. The crowd was great -- Boo's at appropriate places, and cheers and hugging whenever Obama was on the screen. It was great!

WE DID IT!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home