seajane

Thoughts from a Yellow Dog Democrat living in Olympia, in the great BLUE state of Washington

I am a liberal because it is the political philosophy of freedom and equality. And I am a progressive because it is the political path to a better future. And I am a Democrat because it is the political party that believes in freedom, equality and progress. -- Digby

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Wes Clark

Last Sunday Wes Clark was responding to a question about how didn't 'McCain's service prepare him to be President' on CBS and Clark said: "Well, I don’t think riding in a fighter plane and getting shot down is a qualification to be president.”

When I saw it I thought "oops, Wes Clark just stepped in a big pile of shit."

I understand what he was trying to say -- McCain brings up his service ALL THE TIME. Even on such topics as health care -- He reminds us that he wasn't always covered by a government plan -- there were those 5 years in the Hanoi Hilton. It's is answer to everything and he seems to be trying to guilt us into ignoring his other HUGE failings and wrong positions (although who can keep track of McCain's positions? They change daily.)

Bob Schieffer seems to be representative of most reporters -- McCain's service is sacroscant and is the answer for everything. Clark has the credibility to question this but he fell right into the trap and answered in a ham handed way that will give the right all kinds of ammo to hang Clark.

The attacks are commencing and I fear Clark will be the sacrificial lamb. Too bad. I really like Cark and would like to have seen him as a VP candidate. I think that's off the table now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home