seajane

Thoughts from a Yellow Dog Democrat living in Olympia, in the great BLUE state of Washington

I am a liberal because it is the political philosophy of freedom and equality. And I am a progressive because it is the political path to a better future. And I am a Democrat because it is the political party that believes in freedom, equality and progress. -- Digby

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Rep. Brian Baird (WA03) -- EUCK!

The campaign committee for Congressman Brian Baird e-mailed me with a request for a contribution to his campaign.

HA!

Here's my response:
I was extremely disappointed in your vote this week on FISA. You are not fulfilling your oath to protect the Constitution. So in the future, please don't request campaign contributions from me -- you don't work for me. Get your campaign money from AT&T and the other telecoms you decided to protect instead -- you obviously work for them.


And I sent his primary challenger some money. Cheryl Crist is struggling in her campaign but I'd prefer her to have my bucks than Blue Dog Baird. If you want to join me in supporting a worthy progressive Democrat -- go to her Act Blue page.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home