seajane

Thoughts from a Yellow Dog Democrat living in Olympia, in the great BLUE state of Washington

I am a liberal because it is the political philosophy of freedom and equality. And I am a progressive because it is the political path to a better future. And I am a Democrat because it is the political party that believes in freedom, equality and progress. -- Digby

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Lieberman and Harry Reid

Senator Reid said on Kieth Olbermann's Countdown show: “Senator Lieberman of Connecticut supports us on virtually everything except the war.” That struck me -- is that true?

So I went over to the Senate's web site and checked out most of the significant legislation our Senate has dealt with over the past 3 1/2 years. What I found surprized me. Harry is right -- a few notable exceptions:

Confirmed Gonzales
Class Action Fairness
Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act
Confirmation of Roberts
Webb amendment on minimum time hope for the service men /women between Iraq assignments
Protect America Act
Confirmed Murkasey

But they voted alike to confirm Alito, restrict abortions, trade agreement, Patriot Act, funding for the war, cut taxes, and lower SCHIP.

So maybe our problem isn't Lieberman -- maybe it's Harry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home