seajane

Thoughts from a Yellow Dog Democrat living in Olympia, in the great BLUE state of Washington

I am a liberal because it is the political philosophy of freedom and equality. And I am a progressive because it is the political path to a better future. And I am a Democrat because it is the political party that believes in freedom, equality and progress. -- Digby

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I Guess I'm NOT Angry

When compared to others, I'm not angry -- I'm as cool as a cucumber!

Delicious Bob Cesca over at Huffington Post said something about the Republithugs going insane. I clicked through some of his links to see how much he was exaggerating, and was shocked. I hadn't visited very many right sites in quite awhile (besides the smart Andrew Sullivan) There is no discourse anymore. Cesca is right -- they are insane. I won't link because I don't want the trackback but on the top-half of the front-page of Sadly No! I found
Harry Truman was either a Communist, an ultra-Communist, or a super-ultra-mega-Communist ... coloreds ... pickaninnies ... Baby Daddy would go on to father a dozen fewer illegitimate children than he had originally planned for that night’s wilding ... hoity-toity airy-fairies with their binkum-buncombe and hocus-pocus ... The delusional brayings of the naysaying recession Eeyores are utterly discredited by every relevant economic indicator ... that vile Negro in the White House
. GAWD!

The lovely Sara over at the intelligent Orcinus has an excellent article today warning us that the hatred being spouted by the right wing media has very serious consequences. She uses the deranged writings of James Adkisson who shot up a church and says it was so he could kill all the liberals. She points the finger at
Hannity, Goldberg, Limbaugh, Savage and O'Reilly -- and all your lesser brethren who keep the hate speech spewing 24/7/365
. She's right but we need to extend the list to these hate filled and vile bloggers. This is gotten a lot worse than before the election. Is it because Obama's black or would any Democrat have been treated likewise? I suspect the latter because I can't imagine them practicing civility with Hillary.

ARGH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home