seajane

Thoughts from a Yellow Dog Democrat living in Olympia, in the great BLUE state of Washington

I am a liberal because it is the political philosophy of freedom and equality. And I am a progressive because it is the political path to a better future. And I am a Democrat because it is the political party that believes in freedom, equality and progress. -- Digby

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Brothers Foist Staged Election

Bush, when questionned about Fidel Castro's retirement, said that he expects the Cubans to hold free and fair elections --- "and I mean free and fair, not those staged elections the Castro brothers try to foist off on the people."

I had to do a Scooby-Doo "Huh?!" and almost caused whiplash on myself.

I want to ask him "You mean an election like the one you and your brother Jeb foisted off on us in Florida in 2000?"

Of course I have to do that in my fantasy life because no journalist will ask the question.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 1:23 PM , Blogger libhom said...

    Good point.

    Just don't forget that the Bush brothers also stole the 2004 election.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home